The OTHER special election in February!
Conservation Districts run their own elections for supervisor positions.
Want to run for KCCD Supervisor Board?
Elected incumbent Mark Moore’s term expires in May 2022. Appointed member Bill Boyum’s term is up in May 2022. If you are interested in filling either of these openings by becoming a candidate, please go here for an elected candidate application and here for appointed candidate application. You must file as a candidate on or before January 11th in order to be eligible for February election. You could test out the idea by serving as an Associate Supervisor, if you choose. Please take your questions about this election or serving as an Associate Supervisor, to KCCD District Manager and Elections Supervisor, Anna Lael at (509) 925-3352 x7.
This election conducted by KCCD
- Do you live in Kittitas County but outside the city limits of Ellensburg, Kittitas, or South Cle Elum?
- Are you a registered voter?
- Do you care about the County and its diverse but fragile ecosystems?
If you answered “YES!” to all of the above, please vote in the upcoming February Kittitas County Conservation District election! Unlike other elections in Kittitas County, KCCD elections are NOT conducted by the Kittitas County Auditor and you won’t receive a KCCD ballot unless you ask for one.
To vote for a Kittitas County Conservation District (KCCD) Board member, you must request a ballot to be mailed to you from KCCD no later than January 21st! After the 21st, you can still get a ballot in person at KCCD offices: 2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg WA 98926.
To mail your completed ballot back to KCCD, you must include postage OR starting January 24th, you can drop your completed ballot at the KCCD office ballot drop box up to and no later than 4:30pm on Feb. 8th (2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg WA 98926). DO NOT USE Kittitas County ballot drop boxes for a Conservation District election!
Not sure what a Conservation District Board member does? Read this! Confused about why YOU have to request a ballot from the KCCD rather than receive one automatically from the county Auditor? Read this (RCW says so, basically). The full Conservation District election RCW is here.
- Request a KCCD Ballot (On or BEFORE January 21st – after that, you must go in person to KCCD offices to pick up a ballot at 2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg WA 98926). Completed ballots must be at KCCD office by 4:30pm on Feb. 8th!
- Visit KCCD website
- Review KCCD Board member/supervisor duties and responsibilities
- Read KCCD Board 2022 election resolution
- Do you want to run for the KCCD Board positions? Info here on how to file to run. You must file on or before January 11th to run for this open position.
VOTE in every election in which you are eligible. It strengthens our democracy!