Welcome to League of Women Voters of Kittitas County. We believe democracy is stronger when voters are educated and involved. Established in 1920 after winning the right to vote for women, the League is one of the nation’s most respected community-based organizations.
The League is a nonpartisan political organization: nonpartisan in that it never supports or opposes any candidate or political party; political in that it does act on those governmental issues selected by its members and on which a position has been reached through member study and agreement.
League of Women Voters of Kittitas County has been in existence since 1968. This is your information site for Kittitas County candidates, issues, and ballots
We research. We educate. We advocate for change.
- We believe in a representative government and the individual liberties established in the Constitution of the United States;
- We believe that democratic government depends upon the informed and active participation of its citizens and requires that governmental bodies protect the citizen’s right to know by giving adequate notice of proposed actions, holding open meetings, and making public records accessible;
- We believe that every eligible citizen should be protected in the right to vote; that every person should have access to free public education which provides equal opportunity for all; and that no person or group should suffer legal, economic or administrative discrimination;
- We believe that efficient and economical government requires competent personnel, the clear assignment of responsibility, adequate financing and coordination among different agencies and levels of government;
- We believe that government should be responsive to the will of the people, promote the conservation and development of natural resources in the public interest, share in the solution of economic and social problems affecting the general welfare of its citizens.
Board of Directors
- President: Charli Sorenson
- Vice President: Mary Morgan
- Secretary: Jean Kaspari
- Treasurer: Ramona Bryant
- Membership Director: Karen Raymond
- Program Director: Robbie Soltz
- Communications Director: Tish Eaton
- Voter Services Director: vacant
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook: @KittitasLeague
- Twitter: @Kittitas_lwv
- Instagram: @kittitasleague
- TikTok: @lwvkittitascounty
- LinkedIn: @Kittitas_League
- YouTube channel