1) CORONAVIRUS INFO & RESOURCES
General Information About COVID-19
- Live update on COVID-19 pandemic (created by Mercer Island 17yo and now considered a critical resource across the planet!)
- ¿Qué es COVID-19? (SeaKingPHD)
- Preventing spread of COVID-19 (CDC)
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (CDC)
- COVID-19 Predictive Modeling
- Voting safely during a pandemic
Resources For Washington State Residents
- Central Resource for Statewide Response (WaEOC)
- Coronavirus: What you should know (WaDOH)
- Testing for COVID-19 in our state (WaDOH)
- COVID-19 Resources for Deaf/Hard of Hearing (SKCPHD)
- COVID-19 Info for Folks with Developmental Disabilities (IFT&T)
- Hospital Response to COVID-19 (WSHA)
- COVID-19: Financial Resources for Residents Impacted (WaDFI)
- COVID-19: Guidance & Resources for Schools (OSPI)
- COVID-19: Resource List for Businesses & Workers (WaGOV)
- Small Business Disaster Loans (USSBA), businesses in Kittitas County are eligible!
- COVID-19: Employment security info (WaESD)
Kittitas County Resources
- Kittitas County COVID-19 Info (KC)
- COVID-19 Response (KCPHD)
- 509-933-8315 – Kittitas County COVID-19 Hotline (Emergency Operation Center)
- Ellensburg Downtown Updates (EDA), a list of Ellensburg businesses and services and how to support them
- Kittitas County Business Update (KC Chamber), a list of county businesses and services and their COVID-19 driven changes
- Puget Sound Energy payment plans (PSE)
Other Useful Links
- Report COVID-19 Scams (WaATG), Report Eviction During Moratorium (WaATG)
- DIY No Sew Face Mask (Video)
- Disinfecting Surfaces (NPR)
- Mortgage Relief up to 12 Months (NPR)
- Coping with COVID-19-Related Stress (UW)
- Free Educational Resources During COVID-19 Lockdowns, for parents, educators, and bored kids
- 101 Ideas to Keep Kids Busy (Forbes)
- Free Classes Pre-K and up (Scholastic)
- Virtual Tour Ideas (USA Today)
- Epidemiologist Discusses the Pandemic (Wired)
- Resources for Community & Faith-based Leaders (CDC)
- Voting in a Time of Coronavirus (LWVUS)
2) CENSUS 2020 – Why Census Data Matters
View our Census 2020 playlist on YouTube to learn more about it and why your participation is critical.
Your census 2020 invitation will arrive in the mail between March 12-20. It will include your unique census login – so be on the look out!
Or, if reading is more your jam, Read this to learn more about Census 2020 and online completion.
Census data is used to influence the distribution of billions of dollars that go to educational agencies that pay for special education, school lunches, improving teacher quality, and Head Start programs.
The information collected determines where community health centers are placed to better serve low-income patients and aid current health disparities, such as those impacted by the opioid crisis.
Companies use the data from the census to determine where to build factories or expand store real estate.
Finally, census data is used to draw the state and federal legislative district lines that ultimately determine the elected officials who represent us.
3) PRESIDENTIAL IMPEACHMENT – What is it?
Click here for a complete guide to US impeachment process, courtesy of CWU Brooks Library!