1) OFF YEAR ELECTIONS – WHY CARE?
- Democracy depends on YOU!
- What does a city council/mayor do for you? Read this.
- Why is the School Board important? Read this.
- Why does a Fire District or Hospital District matter? Read this.
- What does a Water District or Public Utility District do? Read this.
- Will your vote impact County Government? Read this.
- Why does Washington have so many state-wide offices? Read this.
2) CORONAVIRUS INFO & RESOURCES
General Information About COVID-19
- Why should you be vaccinated? (video)
- Busting COVID vaccine myths (video)
- UNICEF guide to vaccines
- Debunking Mis- & Disinformation about COVID vaccines (Scientific American)
- Live update on COVID-19 pandemic (created by Mercer Island 17yo and now considered a critical resource across the planet!)
- ¿Qué es COVID-19? (SeaKingPHD)
- Coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine (CDC)
- COVID-19 Risk & Vaccine Tracking
- Voting safely during a pandemic
Resources For Washington State Residents
- Central Resource for Statewide Response (WaEOC)
- Testing for COVID-19 in our state (WaDOH)
- COVID-19 Resources for Deaf/Hard of Hearing (SKCPHD)
- COVID-19 Info for Folks with Developmental Disabilities (IFT&T)
- Hospital Response to COVID-19 (WSHA)
- COVID-19: Financial Resources for Residents Impacted (WaDFI)
- COVID-19: Guidance & Resources for Schools (OSPI)
- COVID-19: Resource List for Businesses & Workers (WaGOV)
- Small Business Disaster Loans (USSBA), businesses in Kittitas County are eligible!
- COVID-19: Employment security info (WaESD)
Kittitas County Resources
- COVID-19 Response (KCPHD)
- 509-933-8315 – Kittitas County COVID-19 Hotline (Emergency Operation Center)
- Ellensburg Downtown Updates (EDA), a list of Ellensburg businesses and services and how to support them
- Kittitas County Business Update (KC Chamber), a list of county businesses and services and their COVID-19 driven changes
- Puget Sound Energy payment plans (PSE)
Other Useful Links
- Report COVID-19 Scams (WaATG)
- Report Eviction During Moratorium (WaATG)
- DIY No Sew Face Mask (Video)
- Disinfecting Surfaces (NPR)
- Mortgage Relief up to 12 Months (NPR)
- Coping with COVID-19-Related Stress (UW)
- 101 Ideas to Keep Kids Busy (Forbes)
- Free Classes Pre-K and up (Scholastic)
- Virtual Tour Ideas (USA Today)
- Resources for Community & Faith-based Leaders (CDC)
- Voting in a Time of Coronavirus (LWVUS)
3) PRESIDENTIAL IMPEACHMENT – What is it?
Click here for a complete guide to US impeachment process, courtesy of CWU Brooks Library!