Legislation To Support
2023 State Legislative Session
In addition to contacting your legislators via Action Alerts, bill comments, emails and phone calls, you can register to testify remotely, submit written testimony or have your position noted for the legislative record. Speak for yourself and explain your personal interest in the bill. Unless you obtain permission, you should not emphasize the League in testimony. Just follow these steps:
- Visit the “Participating in Committee Hearings” section of the Washington State Legislature’s website.
- Press the “Register to Testify Remotely” button, even if you just want to submit written testimony or have your position noted for the record.
- Select House or Senate.
- Use the dropdown menus at the top to select the committee and the hearing date and time.
- Select the bill you’re interested in, then select the type of testimony — oral, written or noting your position for the record — and follow the directions provided.
- Fill out your identifying information, then hit “Submit” at the bottom.