There are 20 Kittitas County installations for you to find and record in your Treasure Hunt log. All can be seen from your car, but you will need to get close enough to read and record each tag.
HOW CAN I WIN A PRIZE?
Prizes will be awarded in several categories:
- Best Hunter: Find all 20 installations, correctly record each tag, and turn in your completed hunt log – don’t forget to include your name and phone number – to be eligible for the Best Hunter prize. Winner will be drawn from all eligible entrants. NOTE: the Treasure Hunt log incorrectly lists the fastest to complete the hunt will win a prize. Our apologies for this error.
- Youngest Treasure Hunter: To be eligible, youngster must be ambulatory, talking, and clearly an avid treasure hunter as evidenced by a completed hunt log. In the event of tie, winner will be drawn from all eligible entrants.
- Oldest Treasure Hunter: To be eligible, oldster must be ambulatory, talking, willing to disclose age, and clearly an avid treasure hunter as evidenced by a completed hunt log. In the event of tie, winner will be drawn from all eligible entrants.
SELFIE PRIZE CATEGORIES
- Best Selfie: Take a photo of yourself with your favorite hunt tag, tell us why it’s your favorite when you submit it. Include your name, age, and phone number.
- Best Silly Selfie: Take a photo of yourself with one of the hunt tags, make it as funny as you can and tell us why NOT VOTING is silly. Include your name, age, and phone number.
- Best Team Selfie: Yes, you CAN do the treasure hunt as a team! Take a team selfie with a hunt tag, tell us why your team liked this tag best. Include your names, ages, and phone numbers.
BORING OLD RULES
- Locate as many of the 20 installations as you can, and record each tag’s message in your Treasure Hunt log.
- Be respectful of each location. You are a guest. Leave the installations in place for others.
- We will be giving out hints – so watch this site or follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Submit only one selfie per selfie category (Favorite Tag, Not Voting is Silly, Favorite Team tag) and tell us which category you are entering. NOTE: you can submit a selfie whether or not you have located all 20 treasures. All you need to do is find ONE to be eligible for a selfie prize.
- Any selfie submitted for a prize may be used in social media by the League of Women Voters, because all treasure hunters are note-worthy!
- The Democracy Rocks! Treasure Hunt ends August 31. Completed hunt logs and selfies must be received no later than September 4 to be eligible for prizes.
- Email entries to kittitasinfo@gmail. com OR send them US mail to LWVKC, P.O. Box 331, Ellensburg WA 98926.
- Winners will be notified Labor Day week and posted on this website.
I found #6!