Conservation Districts run their own elections for board supervisor positions.
This election conducted by KCCD
- Do you live in Kittitas County but outside the city limits of Ellensburg, Kittitas, or South Cle Elum?
- Are you a registered voter?
- Do you care about the County and its diverse but fragile ecosystems?
If you answered “YES!” to all of the above, please vote in the upcoming March Kittitas County Conservation District special election for Board Supervisor. Unlike other elections in Kittitas County, KCCD elections are NOT conducted by the Kittitas County Auditor and you won’t receive a KCCD ballot unless you ask for one.
Not sure what a Conservation District Board member does? Read this! Confused about why YOU have to request a ballot from the KCCD rather than receive one automatically from the county Auditor? Read this (RCW says so, basically). The full Conservation District election RCW is here.
Want to run for KCCD Supervisor Board?
There is one elected position expiring in 2023 (and also one appointed position expiring). You must file to run as an elected candidate on or before 4:30pm February 7th in order to be eligible for the March election. If you are interested in becoming a candidate, please go here for an elected candidate application and go here for appointed candidate application. You can apply to be appointed to a position by applying no later than March 31, 2023. Please take your questions about this election to KCCD District Manager and Elections Supervisor, Anna Lael at (509) 925-3352 x7.
To vote for a Kittitas County Conservation District (KCCD) Board supervisor, request a ballot be mailed to you from KCCD no later than February 14th! After that date, you can still pick up a ballot in person at KCCD offices: 2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg WA 98926 between February 15-March 8, 2023. Completed ballots must be in the KCCD office by 4:30pm March 8, 2023 to be counted.
To mail your completed ballot back to KCCD, you must include postage OR starting February 15th, you can drop your completed ballot at the KCCD office ballot drop box up to and no later than 4:30pm on March 7th (2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg WA 98926). NOTE: Kittitas County ballot drop boxes are not available for a Conservation District election.
- Request a KCCD Ballot (On or BEFORE February 14th – after that, you must go in person to KCCD offices to pick up a ballot at 2211 W. Dolarway Road, Suite 4, Ellensburg WA 98926). Completed ballots must be at KCCD office by 4:30pm on March 8, 2023!
- Visit KCCD website
- Review KCCD Board member/supervisor duties and responsibilities
- Read KCCD Board 2023 election resolution
- Do you want to run for the KCCD Board positions? Info here on how to file to run. You must file on or before February 7th to run for an elected position. You must apply for an appointed position no later than March 31, 2023
VOTE in every election in which you are eligible. It strengthens our democracy!