From LWVWA Legislative newsletter: Because the legislature is meeting remotely this year, it’s easier than ever to have your voice heard! In addition to contacting your legislators via Action Alerts, bill comments, email and phone calls, you can easily register to testify remotely, submit written testimony, or have your position noted for the legislative record. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the “Participating in Committee Hearings” section of the Washington State Legislature’s website.
- Press the “Register to Testify Remotely” button, even if you just want to submit written testimony or have your position noted for the record.
- Select House or Senate. (The page should look like this.)
- Use the dropdown menus at the top to select the committee and the hearing date and time.
- Select the bill you’re interested in; then select the type of testimony — oral, written or noting your position for the record — and follow the directions provided.
- You will need to fill out your identifying information, then hit “Submit” at the bottom.
Now you are ready to make your opinions heard in Olympia! Watch this page for Action Alerts.